As mentioned in my last post, I have been working on my strumming pattern for “Ho Hey”, as well as my transitions between chords.

I am struggling with Am and G. Am is an easy chord so the transition back to Am is smooth, but going from Am to G is still really rough after a fair amount of practice. I am slightly concerned at this point about what the final product is going to sound like, but all I can do is keep practicing and try my best.

I found a really helpful video by Cynthia Lin Music that goes over all aspects of the song: chords, strumming patterns, tempo, etc.

The video also features a full playthrough of the song, as well as sections that act as play-alongs. The video has been a really helpful resource to practice along with and to model the tempo. In terms of tempo, the F and C portions of the song are coming along. I am not quite at the speed that the song is meant to be played at, but I can play the chords fluidly.

One thing I have found is that during my practice time I prefer trying to work on the tempo of my F and C chords rather than working on my Am and G sections. While being able to play in time is important, I think that for my next few practice sessions I should focus solely on my Am/G transitions. It will be a very bizarre-sounding final song if half of my playing is fluid and on beat while the other half is choppy and slow.

Featured image by CMEPinky on Pixabay